The Manchester Fire Department is proud to announce that just ahead of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, we are selling t-shirts benefit local Breast Care Programs at Rutland Regional Medical Center and the Southwestern Vermont Medical Center.
Beautifully designed by the MFD’s Shari Owens, these bight shirts make the statement that no firefighter is too tough to wear pink, but everyone can wear it and show their support.
Available in adult and youth sizes for only $15, our supplies are going to sell quick!
These shirts can be purchased at the firehouse on Monday evenings from 6-7PM, or durning normal business hours at the Manchester Town Hall from the Town Clerk’s Office.
The Breast Care Program provides women with the comprehensive screening, diagnostic, treatment and support services needed for optimal breast health.
Some of the services these programs offer are:
- Schedule and coordinate medical appointments
- Provide needed breast health education
- Help find appropriate community resources
- Encourage wellness
- Explain available complementary therapies and support services
- Offer hope and encouragement
- Refer patients to a financial specialist within the hospital who can help with insurance coverage and payment issues