The MFD’s August fire training included several different tasks that various members were able to take part in. While all of the evolutions were basic skills used in the fire service, having an opportunity to practice them in a non-emergency setting helps reinforce what we “already know”, while still giving us a chance to practice new techniques.
- Hooking to a hydrant and laying in large diameter hose.
- Advancing handlines and operating nozzles in both fog and smoothbore configurations while using full SCBA equipment.
- Repacking speedlays to ensure proper deployment.
- Operation of the department’s new containment system that provides firefighter protection during SCBA filling.
- Utilization of Rescue 10’s booster system to fill 4500PSI air cylinders.